Tuesday, March 4, 2008
A Good Weekend!
Well, as you all know, I went to Ogden last week. It was amazing being back and getting to visit everyone. I went up with my trainer from the mission. He visited some people he knew while I was visiting the people I know. My first stop was Layton. I went to a baptism and got to give a talk about the Holy Ghost. It was a good baptism and something I'll never forget. The family (Benitez family) had a dinner after the baptism to help celebrate. They're from Argentina and, of course, had empanadas. After the baptism, I went to Ogden and got to visit some other converts. They're from Uruguay, and they also had a plate of empanadas waiting for me. Argentina and Uruguay have similar traditions and also share traditional foods. They both make empanadas, but they make them in their own special way. After some more visits in Ogden, we made our way up to Logan. I think we got there at about 11:30 p.m.. When we arrived, the Valasquez family was waiting for us and also waiting to give us food. They asked us if we were ready to eat dinner. Of course we said yes even though we were kind of confused about why we were going to eat that late. It was worth it though. We had milanesa, rice, and beans. It was so good!! Needless to say, we ate way too much over the weekend. It felt like Thanksgiving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment